There is a simple workaround for this.
Follow these steps and your issue should be resolved.
- Most of the times, this error occurs with the compact series of the linksys adapters.
- Create a restore point on the computer.
- Uninstall the linksys utility for the compact wireless adapter.
- Unplug the adapter. Restart the computer.
- If you have the disk that came along with the adapter, insert the disk. The disk contains the drivers for the adapter.
- When the disk starts the auto play, close the window.
- Insert the adapter. Follow the Windows 'Found new Hardware' wizard and install the drivers for the adapter. If the computer/laptop is connected to the internet (router/modem) with a cable, you can go online and install the drivers from the internet. It doesn't really matter how you install the drivers. Installing them is important!
- Once the adapter is installed, take the disk out and keep it safe. I recommend to copy the drivers folder onto your hard disk (as a backup). Its not necessary but restart the computer when the adapter is still connected.
- After the computer restarts, try connecting to any wireless network, once connected check the signal strength. Unplug the ethernet cable and see if you can go online wireless.
- This should resolve the GTgina error.